Training in Social Responsibilities
In order to encourage community service and awareness in social fields, students are made to get involved in different community programmes along with the following activities:
- Captains/Vice-captains: For an organized and smooth running of School and hostel life, the faculty and management encourage students to acquire leadership qualities and eagerness to carry out responsibilities. A part of this is the selection of Captains and Vice-captains for the classes, Houses, dormitories and sports.
- The Housemaster/Housemistress and associate teachers are responsible for the all round development of the students in sports, cultural activities, etiquettes and discipline. A healthy mindset for respecting rules and the habit for co-operative living are inculcated in them.
Creative activities are given much importance in the Academy to discover the hidden talents of the children. The wide range of activities done individually, as well as in groups, not only develops their creative talents but also provides a preliminary training in their favourite vocation and inculcates proficiency in their respective skills. Students of KEA have been regularly participating in various tournaments in the city, State as well as the Country. The co-curricular activities of the entire year of the school is planned and followed as per schedule:
- Art : Painting, Sand/Tube/Glass painting, Sculpture, Photography, Interior Decoration.
- Craft : Wood work, Paper work, Needle & Thread work, Fabric, Decorative items.
- Music : Vocal and Instrumental.
- FINE ARTS : Mono-acting, Skit, Play, Mime.
- Abacus : Students are taught to improve their imagination, visualization, creative thinking, concentration technique, memory power, act quickly, focus on problem solving, decision making and self-help, while promoting interpersonal communication. These are the key elements which contribute to the child’s development, self respect and self-belief.
- Robotics : Robotics Classes to channelize the hidden creative brain thereby laying the foundation stone for future career.
- Drama : Regular ‘Drama Workshop’ conducted by experts from National School of Drama, New Delhi
Along with the above mentioned regular creative and cultural activities, excursion, treks and educational trips also form a regular feature of the institution.
To encourage team spirit, and to ensure physical fitness among students, sports are given adequate importance in the curriculum. Swimming, Cricket, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Kho Kho, Kabbadi, Badminton, Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess, Chinese Checker, Track & Field events etc are some of the prominent games provided to the student community. To acquire skill and excellence in sports like Football, Swimming, Basketball, Volleyball etc., special coaches (separately for boys and girls) are employed to train the students. The students of KEA have been participating and getting laurels in the Cluster/Zonal tournaments of Basketball, Volleyball and Swimming being organized under the aegis of CBSE. The day in KEA begins with jogging, free hand exercises and Yoga which keeps the students active and energetic throughout the day. Participating in evening games is compulsory for every student.
Gymnasium is another feather on the physical fitness agenda that cater to the needs of the students who, under the skilled guidance of trained fitness trainer, can do regular requisite physical exercise using highly sophisticated modern equipments.